Welcome to the Riverdale!
Riverdale Motel is on Route 66 in Portland, Connecticut.
Located east of Middletown and the Connecticut River and south of Hartford, we are the most convenient place to stay when visiting the towns of Portland, East Hampton, Hebron, Colchester, Marlborough, Moodus, and East Haddam.
- Amenities include:
- 44 clean, quiet, spacious rooms
- In-room refrigerators
- In-room room thermostats and air-conditioning
- Cable TV.
- Two handicapped accessible rooms with roll-in showers.
- Non-smoking and smoking rooms
- Complimentary coffee and pastry served in the lobby.
- Free wi-fi internet access throughout our main building.
- Large well lighted parking areas.
- Ground level access to all rooms. You never have to carry your luggage upstairs.
We are close to three 18-hole golf courses and the Brownstone Exploration & Discovery Park in Portland
and the Airline Trail in East Hampton.
Wesleyan University, in Middletown, is close for visiting
parents and family. For the shoppers there are antique
shops and outlet shopping centers. History lovers will enjoy historic Goodspeed Opera House, Gillette's
Castle, Riverboat and Train Rides, Mark Twain and Harriet
Beecher Stowe Houses, and the Comstock Bridge. Less than a hour's drive away you can
find Foxwood and Mohegan Sun Casinos as well as the state capitol of Hartford and all it has to offer.
Visit our links page for more information on what is available in the area.